Glacier hike day tour from Reykjavík
Join us on one of Iceland’s most popular day trip from Reykjavík, yet different with us. In a group of only 6 guests accompanied by experienced and qualified guide we go to the south coast of Iceland, experiencing a spectacular guided trip along rivers, waterfalls and volcanos with a final destination of Sólheimajökull outlet glacier. Our personalized glacier-hiking trip takes you along the riddles of the glacial wonder world. Experience the effects of climate change first hand on this fun and exciting tour that no one should miss out on while in Iceland.
In just one day you will experience:
- spectacular South coast of Iceland
- guided hiking on Sólheimajökull outlet glacier
- scenic stop at Skógafoss & Seljalandsfoss waterfalls
Don´t worry about the equipment, the tour includes waterproof mountaineering boots, technical glacier equipment and extra rain gear. Also, low client to guide ratio is a matter of course, same as experienced and certified guides.
See the program of your trip:
- We pick you up at your accommodation in Reykjavík at 08:00. Please note that it can a few minutes to pick-up.
- The road takes us along a spectacular South coast with ash mountains, waterfalls and volcanos. The journey lasts about 2 hours, making one stop mid way where you can buy lunch and use restroom.
- Before 10:45 we reach the final destination of Sólheimajökull outlet glacier. We gear up at parking lot and start the hike to the glacier.
- We spend the day hiking through the glacier and exploring crevasses and swell holes. Our guide will introduce you properly the glacial wonder world. After about 2,5 to 3 hours on the ice we make our way back to the parking lot.
- From there we have a 15min drive to Skógafoss waterfall where we make a short scenic stop. The ones with some energy left can climb up to enjoy magnificent view of the waterfall from above.
- Afterwards we drive back to Reykjavík aiming to be at your hotel between 17:00 and 18:00.
Meet us at location! Join us at Sólheimajökull parking lot (Road#221) at 10:45 for the glacier hiking tour. Trip duration: 4 hours (round trip from parking lot at Sólheimajökull).
What to bring: Warm waterproof outdoor clothing, head wear and gloves, snack and water bottle that can be refilled on the glacier.